Sunday, March 07, 2004

Ok, and here I am! And what I have been doing is... (drum roll)... working! How exciting!

So, two weeks back our work practice period in school began. To my surprise, I had managed to find a "real" job for myself, so I didn't have to stay at school and participate in some projects there. Real job in quotation marks because I don't get paid, this being just work practice.

Anyway, for the past couple of weeks I've been working at this place that does comics, mascots, animations and various other things for companies. What I have been doing is drawing clothes for this character chat for TV. The chars look quite realistic, and thus there is quite a job in drawing their clothes, especially when the same trousers are needed 13 times (walking with 6 frames, walking with 6 frames from the back + standing). Whew.

When I wrote to this blog, I usually did it when I was in school, but I can't do it at work. I work in the same room with the company employees (3 of them), and I don't want to appear lazy by surfing in the web. And during the evenings, at home, I'm tired or then the idea of blogging has just completely slipped from my mind.

That was it. Not that exciting, huh? As I said in the comments of my earlier entry, I'd love to change this blog into a weekly competition "Guess what Maija is doing this week?" Then the answer would always be something as exciting as "Washing her hair!" That'd be fun...

Lately I've begun to read more - perhaps because going into work somehow leaves me less burnt out than going to school, or because the days have become longer. Also, it appears that if one borrows just one book from a library instead of a huge pile like I used to do, one actually gets things read. *gaspshock* I've been going to the library once a week now, borrowing just one book, or two or three comics, then returning them the next week and borrowing some more. I usually read the whole book during the weekend, or some of it during my bus rides to work.

Whoah, that's the time? The season 6 finale of Buffy starts in 25 minutes! Yay!

That's all, folks.

0 comments: