Friday, March 28, 2008

The Book Meme

Stolen from Dan's blog:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment here once you post it to your blog so I can come see!

I'm at work now (yeah, bad me), and the only book I have with me is Good Omens (by Gaiman and Pratchett, of course), which I am re-reading.

On page 123 there's only four sentences. *epic fail*

I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me? Not to do this at work?

I won't tag, either.

Edit:
Vishal and Dan both demanded the four sentences. Four or five, depends on the way you look at it. They are:

"That settles it, then. Next year we go to Brighton," said Mrs Threlfall, completely missing the significance of what had just happened.
It meant there wouldn't be any next year.
It rather lowered the odds on there being any next week to speak of.


Now be really scared. (This is from just before Thursday starts in the book.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I demand the four sentences!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, spooky.

(Yes, I've never read Good Omens. Or, for that matter, any other Pratchett. Or Gaiman novels. The shame!)

V

Maija said...

O.O I... cannot... comprehend...